Sunday, October 18, 2009
At the Movies
I am really feeling the need to discuss something that has become socially acceptable that I really don't understand. Since when is it okay to ask people to move down at the movies so that everyone in their group can sit in your row together? I CANNOT stand that. Last night we went to a movie and when we sat down, there was one seat between me and the people next to me, and two seats between Matt and the people next to him. When the movie was about 10 minutes away, this girl comes up and asks us if we can move down two seats so she and her two friends could sit together. Wtf? There were a shitload of seats available, but they just wanted to sit in our row. So then, at this point, we're practically in the middle of the row which I hate because I like to sit on or as close to the aisle as possible so I can leave easily during the movie in case I need to go to the bathroom or get a refill or something. Then, just before the movie starts, some woman goes to the end of our row and starts shouting and asking everyone to move down one seat so that she and her husband could sit together on their date night. Like 10 people were going to have to move down. We ignored her and I think the people next to us did too. I feel like once in a while this is acceptable if the theater is really packed and there really are no seats available and the previews have already started and you just want people to sit down and stop pacing up and down the stairs. But when there's a ton of empty seats and people just want to sit in a certain row? I really think that's NOT ok. I really wish we had a movie theater with assigned seating here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment