Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cupkates

We were on Fourth Street the other day and the Cupkates truck was there. I've been wanting to try their cupcakes since I first heard about them, so I was really excited. We tried their S'mores and Vanilla flavors and both were good, but the S'mores was pretty awesome. It had marshmallow on top, a chocolate cupcake and a graham cracker crust on the bottom. Yum! The only problem was that when we asked for a fork, they told us they didn't have any. Why? Because the city of Berkeley won't let them. Of course. Apparently you can't have any eating utensils, even if they are disposable, in your food service truck if you don't have a dishwasher. Whatever. I really, really, really hate Berkeley.

2 comments:

  1. i always feel like i am about to be attacked in berkeley. A thinks i am 'hyper sensitive' or something but i always feel like i am about to have my throat slit at any moment. i do enjoy some of the shopping and restaurants, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand and am the same way. We had to go to Telegraph Ave the other day all I could smell was piss everywhere we went. If M ever wants to go there I usually wait in the car because I hate it so much but sometimes that's even more scary!

    ReplyDelete