I hate saying things like this, but it's kind of crazy how time actually does fly by. I can't believe two months have passed since I updated the blog.
Anyhow, things have been so busy lately and I've been so exhausted that any free time has pretty much been spent watching TV/movies, napping or shopping. That's pretty much it. But I'm looking forward to a long weekend spent at Disneyland next weekend, so I'm feeling a lot better. Can't wait for the food, people watching, mid-afternoon naps, (hopefully) warm weather and time away. I guess we might as well see Captain EO too.
We've also made some new purchases lately that I thought I'd share. We're slowly working towards getting home furnishings that we actually like. Since we didn't have much cash when we got married, we saved up for the important things and were forced to buy IKEA to fill in the rest. Now we're pretty much over everything right down to our dinnerware, so we've been making the steps towards replacing it all. It's going to take a while, but it's nice to have things we actually like around the house.
Our old one was impressively gross.

Replacing a $10 IKEA p.o.s.
We still have next to nothing on our walls. Just ordered this today, can't wait to get it in the mail.

We got a new table lamp to go with it, but it's not online. We found it on the floor of the sale section at Anthropologie, and since I never ever look at sale merchandise, it was a pretty good find.

They have these in a bunch of pretty colors, and you can buy them individually in the store, so we mixed and matched.

Got this to replace an old bedside lamp.

We also snagged a cool cabinet on our first trip to the Alameda Point Antiques and Collectibles Fair. It was super fun, I highly recommend. We'll definitely be hitting it up again next month.
Be back soon with some new clothing purchases!


No comments:
Post a Comment