Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Disneyland Trip Review

We spent a few days at Disneyland over the long weekend, and I have much to report.

There are two new shops at Disneyland, and I have to say that both of them were a disappointment. I was originally stoked about the Sweet Shoppe, but when we went in all they had was packaged candy. I LOVE candy, don't get me wrong, but I was hoping for some cookies or baked goods or something. Same thing with Jewel of Orleans - I wasn't expecting to actually buy anything in there, but it just felt disappointing, I can't really tell why.

They remodeled the Orange Stinger and it is now Mickey / Silly Symphony themed. I have to say that it's much, much better than before - it's no longer enclosed and the music is better. Thumbs up for this one.

Nothing new to report here - same show as before. There was no wait to get in though, and I'd say the theater was about half full. I wouldn't be surprised if they stop showing it soon, but I'm praying that they do NOT bring back Honey, I Shrunk the Audience.

This "new" game replaced Bo Peep's Balloon Pop in Toy Story Midway Mania. It's still balloon popping, but just with different characters. But I won't complain because this ride still rocks.

I think they need to change the name of this place because you can no longer add a swirl flavor to your soft serve - whatever! Honestly, they didn't really have that many good flavors to begin with, and I'm fine with the fact that you can just get Vanilla, Chocolate or Half & Half, because it's gooood.

The baby goats at Big Thunder Ranch are adorable!

I am not a parade fan, but I have to say that at LEAST this one is different than the typical Disneyland parade. The brief part I saw was swing-dance themed which is waaaay better than the cheesy parade music they usually have about friendship and dreams.

This is a new store at Downtown Disney, which is pretty much a clone of the Disney Vault which is two doors down. The only difference is that they have the Vinylmation stuff. Whatever, I don't get it.

The new art at the Disney Gallery is pretty cool - nothing that is quite worth owning, but there were two prints in particular that I really liked.

That's about all I have to report for now. Not sure when our next trip will be, but I can't wait to see and report on World of Color at DCA - it looks like it's going to kick serious ass!




No comments:

Post a Comment